Monday, April 12, 2010

Hikes, Baby Food and West Wing

This last weekend was very enjoyable. Tanner had meetings all weekend long which was sad because we did not get to spend much time with him, but Ty and I had a great couple days together. Saturday I made TONS of baby food thanks to my good friend Kylie's inspirational blog posts with baby food recipes in them! It was so fun to make food for my little girl. After Ty woke up from her afternoon nap we went on a beautiful hike in the mountains with our dog. I put Ty in the backpack for the hike and wasn't sure how she would do since she has not yet been in it for a long time. She LOVED it! She talked the whole hike and would periodically giggle. I had such a good time enjoying the fresh Colorado air and spent a lot of the hike talking to Jesus. I'm so thankful for such a beautiful place to live.

At night when Tanner was home we watched the TV series the West Wing. We are addicted. It is so bad. We are finally on the final season which is so good because we have spent way too much time watching this show. I seriously think we watched 8 episodes this weekend.....hmm...I feel guilty! However, we are almost done and when we are, we have committed to not allow ourselves to indulge in another TV series! We want to spend a whole lot more time reading, talking and doing stuff outside, which will be much easier to do now that it is finally starting to warm up!

Anyway, overall, I had such a great weekend. Last week we were in Florida relaxing on the Gulf Coast beach. That was amazing, but there is something so satisfying about being home and just enjoying the simple delights of life that God gives that even a vacation with lots of rich food, pool and beach time and shopping can never bring. I am realizing that I want to be able to say with the apostle Paul, "In everything I am content"!

2 comments:

  1. I like the new look. Thanks for posting more :) Home really is sweet I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Beth, I love reading your blog updates! We sure miss you guys! That is funny about the West Wing. Beau did that with the CSI series and then felt guilty because we realized how many hours we spent watching a show. Why are they so addicting??? Anyway, Ty is such a cutie! You are blessed!
    Love, Booba

    ReplyDelete