Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ty is 6 Months!




Ty is 6 Months Old! I can hardly believe it! My little girl is half a year old already. Everyone has told me to treasure every moment because it goes so fast. I believed them, but I never could have imagined just how fast she would grow up. She is no longer a little newborn who is content to sleep anywhere. Ty is a very curious little girl, never satisfied with sitting or laying in the same position for very long! I love the adventurous spirit I can already see in her. Though she does smile for us often, she is also very serious. She takes everything in and it seems like she is always trying to make sense of things! I kind of think she will have some of her daddy's intense personality, which I love. I pray every day that she will grow up to be intensely in love with Jesus.

As for how she has grown physically, her eyes are STILL blue! I keep expecting them to change, but they have not yet! Her hair has lightened quite a bit in the last couple months and is a beautiful reddish/blonde color. She still has a hilariously large bald spot right in the middle of the back of head! It is quite funny, but still so cute. She is not as chubby as she was at 3 months and 3-6 month clothes are sometimes still a little too big. She still has the wonderful chubby cheeks that her daddy and I love to kiss!

Ty is sitting up fairly well on her own, but topples over if she is left unattended too long. She loves her "belly time" and is trying desperately these last few days to get up on her hands and knees. I am so excited to see her crawl, but know my life will drastically change when this curious little girl becomes more independently mobile! She just started eating solids every day and has taken to it quite well! Ty is still taking at least three naps a day and sleeps pretty well through the night. She gets thrown off schedule pretty easily, but when we are having a normal week she will sleep at least a full 8-9 hours at night before waking up to nurse. Ty loves our dog Annie and will lay on her belly squealing at her and trying to grab her ears. Annie takes it quite well! I love spending my days with her! I love watching her figure things out and seeing her personality develop! I love everything about this beautiful gift the Lord has given us! Ty.... I love you so much!!!!!!!!

Lord....you are so kind to give us such a wonderful daughter! I am so thankful for her every day! I pray that you would give Tanner and I wisdom as we raise her. May she grow up to be a woman full great depth and love for you! Cause her passions to be filled with the delight that only comes from you and which you give so freely! Thank you for your kind leadership in our lives!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post Beth. I love her so much. I wish I could kiss her every day!! I can't wait to see her personality come out, she is going to be an amazing little girl. I love you Ty!!!

    ReplyDelete